Saturday, October 3, 2009

My first birth as a doula!


This week was so great. I attended my first birth as a Doula. 'E' called me at 6pm, to say she was sure she was in labour, and that her contractions were about 3-4 mins apart but only lasting 20 seconds. so she would call when they became longer and stronger, and things were going well at home. So i headed off to look at the new show homes with my friend Lana. we got thorugh 1.5 homes when the phone rang again. Her husband said they were now 1 minute apart, so i told them i would meet them at home ( she wanted to labour there as long as possible). I went and she was in alot of pain, so we headed to the hosptial. This was at 7pm. Her contractions lasted ALONG time, the poor girl stuck at 5cm for 10 hours!!!! she was a trooper though, and 17 hours later, a beautiful baby girl came to the world. she weighed 8lbs exactly and they named her Ambrosia 'Brosie'. she is as cute as can be. I never thought i would want to see what was happening. I never looked when mine were born but i just happend to be at her feet, helping her push, and saw everything, and i LOVED it. i thought i would be so grossed out, but i wasn't at all, i thought everything looked so much better than i ever imagined! LOL.

I really loved it. i was exhasuted. 17 hours without a break is hard work, but i loved every second, and i was so proud of her!
I can't wait for more to come :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

OH MY GOODNESS! heidi! you didn't tell me this! i am so sorry i haven't been there for you! i am soo PROUD Of you! what a GREAT experience for you! you are AMAZING! what a great great wonderful thing!!!! you rock my love !!!!