Saturday, April 18, 2009

i am going to do it!....


Well I've been searching for something that i have been wanting to do for awhile. I love been a stay at home mom, and would not change it for the world. There are days however, that I feel like my mind is turning a little or alot mushy, and the most conversation i have is about High school musical ! ahah. So i heard that Doula training was coming to my town. I was so excited. I wanted to go into midwifery when I was living in England, but the thought of going through all that schooling put me off ( well i totally regret not doing now), PLUS, if I am honest I am a little bit squeemish.. or alot actually, i can't even watch CSI! lol But this way, i still get to attend births, but i stay up my the mom! lol I am so nervous about it. I finished high school 18 years ago, and i was not a fan of school, of course we finish at 16 there, and who really loves school then.. well maybe some people do! So the course is in June.. I better go and pay my fee whilst I am thinking about it!! I LOVE the birthing process. It was my favourite part of been pregnant. I know people think I am weird. I would have had more kids IF someone could take the 9 months of pregnancy ( I am soooo sick). But i LOVE the labour, and it wasn't easy, Grace was 30 hr labour no pain meds, Ella was 5hrs no paid meds, Ethan 10 hrs, Epidural, PURE HEAVEN.. BUT terrible headaches that I still suffer from :(.. so anyways, thats what I am upto!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

YOU go girl...that is amazing! Don't worry about the school if it is something you enjoy school is good. So does this mean you plan on going back to work in the near future as a doula then? Hey make sure you post about your friend and her marathon, you have me so intersted :)

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I think i will do it occassionally. I am not sure, maybe one birth a month, as yet, i am not even sure how it all works, but i want to be a SAHM, but if i can work this around it a few hrs here and there, then that would be perfect! :)

Lynn said...

Oh that is AWESOME! Knowledge is power!

In this case...girl power! ; )
I know you will do great. When someone goes and learns something they are passionate about....it ALWAYS turns out good!

Heather said...

YOU are AMAZING! seriously girl! you will do AMAZING!!! i think that is soo great!!! seriously, hello! i Love the birthing process. YES 9 months of pregnancy does crazy things to my POOR body! so I hear you!
good luck sweet love! love you!

Angie said...

Heidi, that is SO cool! You will do great...you're inspiring me! :)