my friend made this, and i am making it today, thought i would share, super easy and yummy!!
How ToHow to Make a Pina Colada TrifleTrifle is a delicious layered dessert that always looks very festive, but is actually quite easy to throw together.
EasyInstructionsThings You'll Need:
* One yellow cake (from mix, or use purchased poundcake).. i used french vanilla
* One 3 oz. package flaked coconut, or as much as you want
1 can crushed pineapple*
One 3 oz. package coconut pudding mix* ( not sure if you can get this in the UK, kinda like angel delight)
8 oz. carton whipping cream*
1/4 cup powdered sugar*
Maraschino cherries and sliced pineapple (if desired)
1.make cake as box states, and then cut it up in 2inch cubes, arrange half the cake in the bottom
2. put about 4 tbs pineapple juice over the cake.
3. Drain the can of crushed pineapple, then spoon half of the pineapple over the cake.
4. then add as much coconut as you like
5. prepare the pudding according to the package directions. When it has cooled a bit but has not yet set, pour half of it over the cake, pineapple and coconut.
6Place the rest of the cake pieces on top of the pudding layer. Then sprinkle the cake pieces with the remaining pineapple juice and top them with the rest of the pineapple, coconut and pudding.
7 Whip the cream in a bowl, stirring in the powdered sugar as you beat it. Using powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar helps the cream to retain its shape.
8Sprinkle the reserved coconut over the top of your Pina Colada trifle. You may also garnish it with maraschino